Company Index lets you explore your supplier ecosystem on IAND; understand spend and performance, search for specific suppliers or services offered. This guide is written to give guidance on features, but also the source of your information.
Found in the main navigation bar, Company Index consists of suppliers that have either been manually invited to join IAND, or been included in an export from your finance system / ERP.
Only you and your colleagues have visibility to your Company Index, it is not a public marketplace and not visible to your suppliers.
1. Finding & browsing suppliers
Use the search bar when you know the name of a supplier, or when you are looking for a service such as 'architecture'. Example searches:
- 'Architecture' - when you are looking for a service or expertise
- 'Supplier A' - when you know the name of your supplier
When narrowing down by service, expertise and account status.
Use our filters to narrow down your selection
- Platform status: a choice of three options, depending on whether supplier has been invited to join IAND
- Company category: the default set are four options, but these can be customised by client. Set on supplier profile pages, company categories makes it easy to only view suppliers authorised for use in your organisation.
- Services: This filter includes a set of services, that your supplier can self-categorise from. Note: Your portfolio will either use the IAND default set of services, or a bespoke set requested by your admin.
- Sectors: As per 'Services'.
- Regions covered: Entered by your supplier, when they populate their profile.
- Company size: Based on size recorded on Companies House.
- Co. House status: Information available via Companies House, highlighting a range from 'Active' to 'Liquidation'.
- SIC Code: The service code stated on Companies House, per supplier.
2. Understand supplier status
IAND is a collaborative platform, and we give you the opportunity to invite each supplier to join IAND (for free) to collaborate with you on projects.
Each supplier in your Company Index states the current platform status to the right of the table.
- 'Not set up': Supplier has been imported, but has not yet been invited
- 'Invited': Your organisation has invited the supplier to join IAND.
- 'Live': Supplier has accepted invite, which unlocks new features such as Compliance handling and Project Feedback.
Any user within your organisation can invite a supplier at any point (see guide).
Categories can be used to communicate suitability for future work within your organisation. Set on a company level, these can be customised on an organisation level to fit your business best. (see guide)
3. Light-touch account management
You can use company profiles for light-touch account management, with visibility into projects, spend and performance. Understand what level of approved compliance information is available, and whether the supplier is marked fit for future use.
This use case is best supported when your supplier is live, when you can view:
- Key point of contact (when added by supplier)
- Description, Region, Products & Services (when added by supplier)
- View 360° performance score on projects
- Request and manage compliance information - read guide
In the case of suppliers not yet being live on IAND, you can still get value and visibility on a supplier:
- Companies House status
- Ability to assign a category i.e. 'Authorised' or 'Do not use' read guide
- Ability to view total spend, and access individual projects
- Ability to add internal notes on the supplier, visible to your colleagues only
We hope this guide has given insights on Company Index, how to use and features to explore. If you have any questions or would need further information, please contact IAND directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.